The goal for Midwestern style is dressing simply but fun. Pair something plain with a fun pattern and make your outfit look effortless. For the perfect accessories look no further than fun sunglasses or a Twins baseball hat. Always have a swimsuit and sunscreen on hand. You never know when you'll jet off to the lake.
My key pieces for staying cool during a Midwestern summer:
- Mix & match Target bikinis - lazy days on the lake means lots of swimwear!
- A Twins baseball hat to represent the homeboys
- Pullover sweater
- Day-to-night dress
- Target striped T
- Colorful statement necklace
- Sperry wedges
- J.Crew flat sandals
- Basic denim shorts
- Native American-inspired T
- Barbour rain jacket - you never know when you'll get caught in a torrential thunderstorm.
- Colorful wayfarer sunglasses
- Eclectic statement necklace
- Minnetonka moccasins - living on Lake Minnetonka means these are a wardrobe staple for weekends.
* * *
About this post: After high school, my close group of best friends scattered across the country. We're still close as ever, but whether it be the West Coast, East Coast, Midwest or the South, we're all over the place. As I've been featuring some fashion on The Sweet Talker lately, I thought it would be fun to have guest posts from my friends covering regional fashion. This post is the 2nd in the series. Click here to check out “Southern Style.” I hope you enjoy!