In the spirit of "back to college," I decided to compile a list of my college essentials.
A few things you shouldn't leave behind when you pack up this fall, and a couple of fun extras:
- At least one nice dress is a good thing to have on hand in case you go out to dinner with professors or are attending a social event or formal. This Cynthia Steffe ruffled dress is a great option for both dressing up and more casual looks.
- You'll want to bring a good weekly planner to stay organized. I prefer one with a soft cover that has a lot of space for me to write notes.
- Cheap tie-on curtains are an easy way to customize an otherwise bland dorm room.
- If you attend school in the snow belt like I do, you'll need to invest in rain boots and snow boots that will keep your feet warm and dry. Hunter boot and L.L. Bean are both reliable options.
- Most dorms require you to walk to a communal bathroom - this monogrammed wrap towel with velcro will keep you covered in style! And shower shoes? An absolute MUST.
- It's important to have a sturdy book bag that can take the weight (ahem my 3000 page Shakespeare book). A nylon bag like this MICHAEL Michael Kors Back to School Tote will stand the test of time.
- Throw pillows are another quick way to personalize a dorm. This duo will keep your room looking cheerful and bright.
- Don't be the girl with an ID lanyard around your neck. This Vera Bradley zip ID case will keep your ID handy and save your from the inevitable freshman faux pas.
- Have a fitted blazer on hand. You never know when you might have an improptu job interview or will want to dress up for a class presentation.
- Since you won't have mom around to wake you up anymore, an alarm clock is absolutely necessary! Plug in your iPod to this iHome alarm clock for a more enjoyable wake up call than a blaring buzzer.
- Finally, of course you need to show some school spirit! A comfy hoodie representing your campus pride will be a library staple.