Sunday, June 19, 2011

Flats for the San Francisco Savvy

As I was riding home from work on the Embarcadero F-Train the other day, the man next to me pointed at the heels I was wearing and said, "you must not be from here."

I gave him a knowing smile and flashed him the contents of my overflowing work tote, inside which (among many other things) was a pair of ballet flats. 

If you're from here, visited or seen pictures, then you know: San Francisco is known for its incredibly steep hills. Trying to get anywhere in heels is torture for your feet. So while my internship-mandated "business casual" trousers look best with a pair of 3-inch heels, it's also ideal to pack a pair of flats that are comfortable but still more appropriate for the office than flip flops.

Here are some of my favorite preppy, classic, colorful or fun styles:

{click for larger image}

  1. Kate Spade New York, Noelle, $325
  2. Steve Madden, Mockk White Patent, $69.95
  3. Kensie girl, Kansas2, $45
  4. MICHAEL Michael Kors, Gogo Ballet Tangerine, $98
  5. Jil Sander, "Tessuto" Ballet Flats, $425
  6. Tory Burch, "Reva" Ballet Flats, $325
  7. Nine West, Jemmy Black Leather peep-toe, $79
  8. Calvin Klein, "Pritah" Ballet Flats, $119
  9. TOMS, University Black Rope Sole Classics, $54
  10. Report, Grover, $69.95


No comments:

Post a Comment