Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Culinary PhotoTour of France

While in France with my family, I was lucky enough to experience some wonderful culinary creations.

Here are a few of my favorites:


Appetizers at Chateau Cheneviere: fried pigs’ ears, toasts with tomato and smelt, cheesy bread rounds with crème fraiche, and flaky pastry bread sticks.




An amuse-bouche with zucchini, cod, and chive.


A modern take on escargot.

Escargot always makes me think of Pretty Woman, one of my favorite movies.

"Slippery lil' suckers."


Foie gras with dried cherries.


A palate cleanser of Calvados (apple brandy) and sorbet.


Veal with cauliflower puree.


Roasted duck with a reduced glaze and fingerling potatoes.


My favorite: the cheese cart! I feel like I could write a Dr. Seuss book about all the different varieties: One cheese, two cheese, brie cheese, blue cheese...


Dessert: an innovative take on rice pudding.


A deconstructed sundae-mousse dessert.


Rum-soaked genoise sponge cake with fresh strawberries and Crème Chantilly (whipped cream!).

Paris, je t'aime.

(For full effect, say that in my awful french accent).

No comments:

Post a Comment