Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Miette {Ferry Building Marketplace}


We've had a string of sunny days here in San Francisco, so I took the opportunity to get outside and explore. I made my way down to the ferry building (they have a farmers' market Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays), and strolled around looking at all of the fresh goods and fun local stores.


I stopped by one of my favorites, Miette Patisserie.


The little french pastry shop is absolutely adorable with its pretty pastel colors and petit sweets.



Traditional macarons are always a crisp light treat.


I have yet to taste one, but I've been dying to try their cakes. Especially the Strawberry Tomboy, which is only available during strawberry season.



These chocolate wafers (known to be a favorite of Cupcakes and Cashmere) made their way home with me. Although simple, they have a deep chocolatey flavor that almost has a hint of caramel.

Miette also has a cookbook called Miette: Recipes from San Francisco's Most Charming Pastry Shop. Pretty appropriate, no? I think I might have to check this one out (hint hint to my friends my birthday is coming up :) )!

If you're in the area, I would definitely suggest stopping by this sweet shop!


No comments:

Post a Comment